After breakfast, The BCPF and I went and voted and then got down to Underdog Records and it was a beautiful day to be out and to be in my favorite store! Here’s what we got:
- The Coral – Magic And Medicine — I have this on CD and when I got it many, many years ago, I didn’t care for it and didn’t give it another listen. Now that my tastes have changed and my mind has opened, I decided to give it another try and The BCPF and I both agreed that it was quite a fabulous listen. Plus, whilst it was brand new, it was in the “clearance bin” and we got it for less than $13. Win-win!
- George Harrison – Somewhere In England — The first album that George recorded after John Lennon’s death and the song “All Those Years Ago” was written about and for Lennon. The whole album is great and we enjoyed listening to it. VG+
- Earth, Wind & Fire – I Am — Featuring the singles “Boogie Wonderland” with The Emotions and “After the Love Has Gone,” this was a great listen. We enjoyed it. It was in VG++.
- Richie Havens – The End Of The Beginning — I honestly don’t know much about the album and it’s the only one of the ones we got yesterday that we didn’t listen to. VG+
- A Flock Of Seagulls – The Story Of A Young Heart — Great synth pop from the mid-eighties. It was a fun listen but really, not a lot of memorable tunes. VG++
We also got Crosby, Stills & Nash – CSN but it was a replacement for one we got from the $1 bin this past July. This one is in VG+ shape and the cover actually has the picture which was missing from our other copy.
It was a small haul but it was a decent one. Underdog Records is preparing for their anniversary which will entail live entertainment and some specials but the fun goes on all the time at Underdog. You don’t need “special specials” to get good deals. Jonathan always has good stuff waiting for you at prices you won’t find anywhere else. Anywhere. Listen to the latest episode of The Less Desirables to hear what this week’s TLD/Underdog special is.
I use Discogs to keep track of what albums I have in case I look to purchase any albums. It’s also good for CD collections, too.
Until tomorrow, keep spinning…
“We’re living in a bad dream. They’ve forgotten all about mankind. And you were the one they backed up to the wall all those years ago. You were the one who imagined it all, all those years ago.” – All Those Years Ago” (Harrison)