10000 Maniacs, Billy Joel, Charles Mingus, Discogs, Elton John, Judas Priest, KC & the Sunshine Band, Leonard Bernstein, Music, Paul Simon, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, The Byrds, Underdog Records, vinyl
So, as I said yesterday, I’m going to attempt to write my Monday blog post about the week of “my” listening. Per usual, this week’s streaming listens comes from Discogs’ shuffle feature and it has to be an album that I own on vinyl (outside of peripheral things like Beeswax Vinyl & More listens), that way it’s like listening to my vinyl but with headphones from my computer whilst The BCPF works 10 feet away. Here’s the list (this is in order of listens):
- Various – How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying (The Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- Pink Floyd – Animals
- Charles Mingus – Mingus Ah Um
- Judas Priest – Unleashed In The East (Live In Japan)
- Peter Gabriel – Peter Gabriel I (Car)
- Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison – My Fair Lady
- Leonard Bernstein – West Side Story (Original Sound Track Recording) I don’t know why I had three musical soundtracks this week. I’m okay with that.
- 10,000 Maniacs – In My Tribe
- Billy Joel – Glass Houses
- KC And The Sunshine Band – KC And The Sunshine Band
- Elton John – Too Low For Zero
- The Byrds – Younger Than Yesterday
- Paul Simon – Graceland
- Peter Gabriel – So — Yes it is my favorite album of all time and I was elated that it showed up!
So, all the records that I had in Discogs for this, I believe they all came from Underdog Records. 99% of my records came from there.
Again, check out Underdog Records’ social and web stuffs. Buy records. Use Discogs to keep track of your collection and use it’s groovy (see what I did there) shuffle feature.
Until tomorrow, keep spinnin’…
“I am standing up at the water’s edge in my dream. I cannot make a single sound as you scream. It can’t be that cold, the ground is still warm to touch. We touch, this place is so quiet, sensing that storm.” – “Red Rain” (Gabriel)