It was a pretty routine day for us other than having to go do some phone stuff for The BCPF. Of course, the highlight is going to Underdog Records where several of our Facebook group were and we got to chat a bit. Also, we added to the Rolling Stone (RS) List collection. I’ll tell you more about it as we go on. Speaking of which…
- David Bowie – Aladdin Sane – 2nd pressing in excellent shape. #279 on the RS list. VG+.
- David Bowie – Young Americans – Original pressing and also in excellent condition. VG+.
- David Bowie – Station To Station – Original pressing in VG+ condition. #324 on the RS list.
- John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band – John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band – #23 on the RS list (which I totally disagree with, I think if anything it’s in the mid-200s tops). A late 70s/early 80s reissue. VG+.
- Bob Dylan – New Morning – Because The BCPF loves and wants to have just about everything from Dylan. This is from 1970 and I believe this is an original pressing. VG.
- Emmy Lou Harris – Gliding Bird – 1979 reissue of the original 1970 version. VG+.
- Elton John – Honky Château – Because I want all the EJ albums and this is a great one. #359 on the RS list. VG+ envelope gatefold.
- The Alan Parsons Project – Vulture Culture – A month ago, all I knew of APP was “Eye in the Sky.” Now, I look for anything I can find. VG+
- Lionel Richie – Dancing On The Ceiling – One from my late teens/late high school years. “Deep River Woman” is one fantastic song. VG+.
- Foreigner – Agent Provocateur – I know this wasn’t one of their most popular, but I’m sure it’s not too awful. VG+.
- Wings – Venus And Mars – Paul McCartney is my favorite Beatle and I want his stuff. That’s it. VG+.
- Paul McCartney & Wings – Band On The Run – #418 on the RS list. My favorite Mac/Wings album. VG+
- Stevie Nicks – Bella Donna – The BCPF wishes she could have been nicknamed Stevie growing up. She loves the name. This had several great tunes, too. VG+.
- Marshall Crenshaw – Marshall Crenshaw – Crenshaw played Buddy Holly (59th anniversary of his death yesterday) in the film La Bamba. I like his tune “Someday, Someway” which is on here. VG+.
- Procol Harum – Grand Hotel – Procol Harum is one of Jonathan (from Underdog)’s favorite groups. I know “A Whiter Shade of Pale” and want to know more. So, here’s a chance. VG+.
- Rolling Stones – Dirty Work – “Harlem Shuffle” was never a favorite of mine, but it’s in the canon, so it gets added. VG+.
- The Rolling Stones – Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) – $1 bin find and it’s the Rolling Stones. G+.
- Carly Simon – Hotcakes – VG+ $1 bin find.
- Peter, Paul And Mary – Peter, Paul And Mary – $1 bin find. Ma Mère had that on vinyl when I was growing up, I’m pretty sure. The BCPF is a sucker for that stuff. VG.
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – United – Kind of beat up but it should play fine. $1 bin find. G/G+.
So that’s a pretty good haul, we think. We’re happy with it. Underdog had some nice speakers for sale yesterday. They always have something new and gently used come in, be it records, speakers, turntables, cassette players, receivers, even reel-to-reel at times. Keep up with them on social media to keep up with their “newly posted” items.
Discogs is a great way to keep up with your collection. Also, buying from their marketplace is pretty fun (but be careful, you can spend a lot of money in there).
Until tomorrow, same blog channel…
“She packed my bags last night pre-flight. Zero hour, nine AM. And I’m gonna be high as a kite by then. I miss the earth so much I miss my wife; it’s lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.” – “Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going To Be A Long, Long Time)” (John/Taupin)