Yesterday, I cleaned up all the records that Ray Morgan had brought me. Because I only use my Vinyl Styl cleaner every once in a while, when I fill it and use it, I want to get all that I can out of it. It takes me about 20 minutes to wash 15 records and then about 30 minutes from the last of the 15 being put on the rack. Because Ray gave me so many, I had to make two wash cycles so, since the second one was only about 8 or 9, I pulled a few records from the old “bonus” stack from last year or before. I had gone through all the rock/pop stuff that I knew that I wanted and now it’s other stuff that I’ll just “get to” as I can. Here’s what I cleaned as part of yesterday’s cleansing fest.
- Harry Belafonte / The Islanders – Harry Belafonte Sings Five Early Songs / Calypso In The Sun — Side A is Belafonte side and Side B is the Islanders side. Surprisingly the album was in G+.
- Buddy Morrow And His Orchestra – Night Train —Morrow led the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra from 1977 through September 24, 2010. He died on September 27 of that year. This is one of his most famous tunes. VG+.
- Duke Ellington And His Orchestra – Ellington Uptown — Duke Ellington from 1952. VG.
- Duke Ellington And His Orchestra – Piano In The Background —Duke from 1960. VG.
- Judy Garland – The Garland Touch — I am not ashamed to say that I like Judy Garland or her daughter Liza Minelli. VG.
- Iris Chacón – Iris Chacón — Beautiful Puerto Rican lady on the cover (it is her). I love that cover. I don’t have a clue what the album sounds like, though. VG.
- Dvořák : Antonio Janigro / Orchestra Of The Vienna State Opera – Conductor Dean Dixon – Concerto For Cello And Orchestra In B Minor, Op. 104 — Antonín Dvořák is just fun to say. It’s pronounced Duh-vor-zhack. This record is NM condition. The cover is a bit beat up, but the vinyl is great! NM (per me).
So, that was the “bonus” stack that got put into the rotation yesterday. About 40 more to go in that stack. I’m happy with it. Next will be from Underdog Records, of course.
Until tomorrow, same blog channel…
“Sometimes the cabin’s gloomy and the table’s bare. But then he’ll kiss me and it’s Christmas everywhere. Trouble’s fly away and life is easy go. Does he love me good? That’s all I need to know. Seems like happiness is just a thing called Joe.”
– “Happiness is a Thing Called Joe” ( Arlen/Harburg)