Another Saturday passes that we didn’t get to darken the door of Underdog Records. That doesn’t mean Underdog isn’t busy. Heck no! Jonathan is running himself ragged to make deliveries and has extended the reach to Greensboro, High Point and other places. So, definitely watch the Underdog Records Facebook and Instagram and watch what he’s releasing. Purchasing is first-come-first-serve so be on the lookout. Also, you can purchase new vinyl anytime day or night on the website. If you’re outside of the delivery area or just don’t want Jonathan to drop stuff off at your door, then he offers “unlimited” LPs (I’m sure it’s a little limited) for a flat rate $4.
This week’s “listens” were abundant. 22 albums I got through from Monday-Friday.
And, per usual, this week’s streaming listens comes from Discogs’ shuffle feature and it has to be an album that I own on vinyl (outside of peripheral things like Beeswax Vinyl & More listens), that way it’s like listening to my vinyl but with headphones from my computer whilst The BCPF works 10 feet away. Here’s the list (this is in order of listens):
- Huey Lewis & The News – Small World
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – Tinderbox
- Angel – On Earth As It Is In Heaven
- Rush – Hold Your Fire
- Adam And The Ants – Kings Of The Wild Frontier
- Phil Collins – No Jacket Required
- Jim Steinman – Bad For Good
- Radiohead – Kid A
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass – !!Going Places!!
- Heart – Dreamboat Annie
- The Rolling Stones – Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out
- The Mama’s And The Papa’s – If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears
- Barbra Streisand – The Broadway Album
- Megadeth – Peace Sells… But Who’s Buying?
- Accept – Balls To The Wall
- 10cc – Bloody Tourists
- Billy Idol – Billy Idol
- ABC – How To Be A Zillionaire!
- The Outlaws – Outlaws
- Run-D.M.C. – Run-D.M.C.
- Billy Joel – The Stranger
- Blue Öyster Cult – Mirrors
Whew! A long listening list indeed! It was spread out, too. The BCPF remarked how I went from Streisand to Megadeth. It worked. I love Streisand and I’m not afraid to admit that. But, I was ready for something heavy after having gone through The Mamas and the Papas and Streisand back to back. It worked, as I said.
Well, yesterday, here’s what The BCPF and I listened to, actually on vinyl:
- Timbuk 3 – Eden Alley
- The Cars – Shake It Up
- Kiss – Dynasty (its 41st anniversary yesterday)
- Bauhaus – Burning From The Inside
- Berlin – Pleasure Victim
- Squirrel Nut Zippers – Hot
- Boston – Don’t Look Back
- The Clientele – Suburban Light
- Patti Smith – Horses
All-in-all, it was a great listening week. I just hope to get into Underdog Records soon to rummage through the used vinyl.
Again, check out Underdog Records’ social and web stuffs. Buy records. Use Discogs to keep track of your collection and use it’s groovy (see what I did there) shuffle feature.
Until tomorrow, keep spinnin’…
“I was seventeen, you were just a dream. I was mesmerized, I felt scared inside. You broke my heart and I still can feel the pain. I’ve been counted out, I’ve had fear and doubt. I’ve been starry-eyed, never satisfied. Because late at night I still need you just the same.” – “Sure Know Something” (Stanley/Poncia)