The BCPF and I had a very quiet Saturday. Well, quiet in terms of activities. We did the Mary’s Gourmet Diner thing and Willows thing last night, and… we did our Underdog Records thing. We came out a little light, which is okay. We got some quality stuff and that’s what matters. Here it is.
- Pearl Jam – Ten (when I was younger and dumber when this album came out, I thought it was crap but now that I’ve grown and become more open-minded I see it for the awesomeness it is; new)
- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – Long After Dark (not my favorite TP album but it does contain the one I did for the VSS TP show last month: “You Got Lucky;” new)
- Eagles – Eagles Live (VG+ and it sounds good on vinyl)
- Kansas – Leftoverture (this sparked a debate on Facebook yesterday about Kansas v. Styx, you should look for it and participate; VG+)
- Midnight Star – No Parking On The Dance Floor (I just had to, from my youth; VG+)
- Contraband – Nothing To Hide (I know nothing of this band but listened to some of it when Jonathan was screening it and liked it; it was a promo copy with the promo sticker still on the cover; VG+)
- Pat Benatar – Precious Time (VG+)
- Benny Goodman – Benny Goodman & Paris… Listen To The Magic (VG+)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Pendulum (G+; rough but listenable)
- Herman’s Hermits – Introducing Herman’s Hermits (G)
- Die Wiener Sängerknaben Conducted By Xaver Meyer – Christmas In Austria (two of The BCPF’s favorite things: Bavarian culture and Christmas music; G+)
- Jean-Philippe Rameau – The Apotheosis of the Dance: The Ballet Music of Jean Phillippe Rameau
- Styx – Paradise Theatre ($1 bin find but it is in wonderful condition, plus the vinyl is holographically etched and looks fantastic; VG+)
- Styx – Cornerstone (fold-out cover with lyrics within; $1 bin find and also in good shape; VG+)
- Styx – The Grand Illusion (VG)
- The Charlie Daniels Band – Full Moon ($1 bin find that I got for one song but it will be worth it; VG)
- Elton John – Caribou (adding to the EJ collection; $1 bin; VG)
- Elton John – 11-17-70 (recorded on Eugene’s fourth birthday and three days before I was born; $1 bin; VG)
- Marvin Hamlisch / Scott Joplin – The Sting (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) ($1 bin; VG)
- Queen – Flash Gordon (Original Soundtrack Music) ($1 bin; VG)
A shorter haul than usual, but a good and fruitful haul, methinks. I know that Jonathan is gearing up for 11/24 which is the Black Friday edition of Record Store Day. You can visit the official site to see what is being released that day. Jonathan also has a rotating stock of used receivers and turntables and you can get gift certificates for gifts, as well. PLUS, if you go in this week and mention The Less Desirables ad, you can get a little extra cheddar on the gift cert. And the certs are cool because he does it on a 45/7″/single (your generational position will determine which of those makes the most sense). When you start your collecting or if you are already collecting, catalog your collection on Discogs and then send me a message, we can share collection listings.
Until tomorrow, same blog channel…
“You better watch what you say. You better watch what you do to me. Don’t get carried away. Girl, if you can do better than me, go. Yeah, go but remember: good love is hard to find. Good love is hard to find. You got lucky, babe. You got lucky, babe, when I found you” – “You Got Lucky” (Petty/Campbell)
Comments on “Silent Sunday or: The Haul 11/11/17”
I have that Herman’s Hermits album! Used to be my Mom’s. Use to listen to it a lot. Some real good songs on there, actually.
I figure we will get to it eventually. That’s the second one we’ve picked up. Both compilations.