Chicago, Dire Straits, Discogs, Fleetwood Mac, George Harrison, Iron Maiden, Jackson Browne, Kraftwerk, Laura Branigan, Love, Music, Pretenders, Prince, Records, Rush, Simply Red, Sufjan Stevens, The BCPF, The Cars, The Less Desirables, Timbuk3, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Underdog Records
Yep, I am a day behind on this because yesterday was Mother’s Day.
So, Underdog Records is still “closed” and Jonathan says that while he does see reopening in the near future, it will still be several weeks, and procedures within the store will be different. He’s doing a shload of deliveries right now, though. Head over to the Underdog Records website, or follow on Instagram (Jonathan’s preferred method) and Facebook to see what you can purchase.
And, per usual, this week’s streaming listens comes from Discogs’ shuffle feature and it has to be an album that I own on vinyl (outside of peripheral things like Beeswax Vinyl & More listens), that way it’s like listening to my vinyl but with headphones from my computer whilst The BCPF works 10 feet away. Here’s the list:
- The Cars – Heartbeat City
- Prince And The Revolution – Parade
- Bruce Springsteen – The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle
- Love – Forever Changes
- George Harrison – Cloud Nine
- Timbuk 3 – Greetings From Timbuk 3
- Chicago – Chicago 16
- The Honeydrippers – Volume One
- Rush – Permanent Waves
- Simply Red – Picture Book
- Iron Maiden – Piece Of Mind
- Laura Branigan – Self Control
- Traffic – The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys
That’s a pretty good “listen” list, I think. Not my favorite Prince album and I’m not a huge Springsteen fan, but overall, it was enjoyable.
Then there were the ones that The BCPF and I listened to on Saturday on vinyl:
- Kraftwerk – Trans Europe Express
- The Pretenders – Learning To Crawl
- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – Hard Promises
- Fleetwood Mac – The Alternate Fleetwood Mac
- Sufjan Stevens – Greetings From Michigan The Great Lake State
- Jackson Browne – Running On Empty
- Dire Straits – Love Over Gold
That was a really good listening session, other than I need to find a better copy of Running on Empty because that was clearly a $1 bin find and is in really bad shape. Almost unlistenable at times. So, it’s on my hunt list, I guess.
I cannot wait to flip through the used records again. I want to buy a lot of them! I have an impressive collection now but that’s not enough. I want more! Part of the experience is the ability to collect. We’ll work on it. Patience, old man… patience.
Again, check out Underdog Records’ social and web stuffs. Buy records. Use Discogs to keep track of your collection and use it’s groovy (see what I did there) shuffle feature.
Until tomorrow, keep spinnin’…
“You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice. If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill. I will choose a path that’s clear, I will choose freewill.” – “Freewill” (Peart/Lee/Lifeson)