It’s the end of the month and the end of the quarter. That means that funds are a bit tight. Our haul is very short this week, but we have a vast back catalog of recent arrivals that we went through. The sun was out, Underdog Records had their $1 albums outside, the day was great. Perhaps we’ll do some yard sitting today. I wish we could take the turntable out there. Oh well, Alexa will have to do. Here’s the haul:
- Strand Of Oaks – Eraserland — In my never-ending quest to find music that will please The BCPF (and show that I pay attention), I usually come across good candidates when I’m doing the commercial for Underdog Records. This is one of those. It’s 2xLP clear vinyl and Side 4 is one long experiment which I don’t think I’d call a song, but those first three sides are great! New.
- Vienna State Opera Orchestra, Paul Angerer – A Bouquet of Old Vienna Dances — $1 bin find. VG/VG+.
- Various – The Romance of Italy — $1 bin find. VG.
- The Dave Clark Five – The Dave Clark Five’s Greatest Hits — I bought this because of “Anyway You Want It” which KISS covered for the fourth side of Alive II. It’s a $1 bin find and it’s pretty beaten up. I won’t give it over G+.
- Nat King Cole – This Is Nat “King” Cole — The BCPF found this in the $1 bin. It too is beaten up but not as bad as the DC5. VG/VG-.
That’s a short week. Jonathan will be at Gas Hill Drinking Room at the Ramkat this Thursday, 3/28 for BYOV. I really don’t know if there are themes every month, but this week, it’s 90’s Appreciation Day. Go by and take a few of your favorite 90s album and get in the queue, have a great beverage and enjoy the community that accompanies good vinyl listening parties. Speaking of listening, listen to each episode of The Less Desirables and hear what the TLD/UR special of the week is.
I use Discogs to catalog, track and sometimes choose what I’m going to listen to.
Until tomorrow, keep spinning…
“Grind your teeth and cut off all your sleeves. A few good riffs and a sticky bag of cream. You said, therefore, it’s not as bad as it seems. A corner kid gets to live out all his dreams. No self-control. You keep singin’ through the screams. When you let go it’s closer than you think.” – Weird Ways (Showalter)