The BCPF and I were working to get the new studio ready to function for a good part of yesterday, but we did at least get by Mary’s Gourmet Diner and Underdog Records and were able to listen to several records before heading to Willows Bistro. Here’s the very short haul:
- The New Year – Snow – I don’t know anything about this band but The BCPF digs them and that’s all I really need to know, right? Right. It was VG++.
- Faster Pussycat – Faster Pussycat – I played “Bathroom Wall” in the first major band I was in that had any real recognition, The Blue. Not my favorite band but I couldn’t resist getting it. VG.
- Bob Dylan – The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan – This is #97 on the RS List, which I think is asinine. I think it’s his best work. Certainly, it’s better than Blonde on Blonde. I hate that album. I would have been one of those folks upset that Dylan went electric because I think he wasn’t as good. The acoustic stuff with him, his guitar and his harmonica, is the best Dylan. It’s rated at VG- but I think it’s in pretty good shape.
- Eurythmics – 1984 (For The Love Of Big Brother) – I love the Eurythmics and I love the story of 1984, although it’s scary as heck (kind of like today’s world). There weren’t any real hits on here, just the soundtrack of the film. VG.
- Hoodoo Gurus – 1000 Miles Away – This is just a 12″ single on a picture disc. I am not a fan of picture discs as they tear the needle up, but The BCPF says it’s her favorite Hoodoo Gurus song and you don’t argue with her. It was in the $1 bin and it’s in VG shape.
- Led Zeppelin – Presence – This completes my Zeppelin studio collection. However, several of the albums, including this one that I got in the $1 bin, are in pretty terrible shape. They were “well loved.” I will be finding replacements for those, eventually. The album is in “good” shape and the cover is in “fair” shape.
Short list this week; end of the month and all. Jonathan was pretty busy yesterday, which is good. He had Ozzy Osbourne’s first album, Blizzard of Oz which I was really hoping to get my hands on but, that didn’t work out. Oh well. I’ll keep looking for that one. Keep an eye on Underdog Records’ social media as there are always new things kicking in there. And, I’ll be doing something with Jonathan for The Less Desirables, too.
Discogs is my go-to for collection documentation. Every album I own is on my Discogs list (except the three that I will have to enter myself) and I can watch my friends’ lists as well.
Until tomorrow, same blog channel…
“Well, it ain’t no use to sit and wonder why, babe. Ifin’ you don’t know by now. An’ it ain’t no use to sit and wonder why, babe. It’ll never do somehow. When your rooster crows at the break a dawn. Look out your window and I’ll be gone. You’re the reason I’m trav’lin’ on. Don’t think twice, it’s all right.” – “Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright” (Dylan)