So, I promised that I’d make up for making Spinning Sunday “silent.” Here’s the haul from Underdog Records:
- Eels – The Deconstruction – 2×10″ LP in yellow. The BCPF is a fan of Eels and this was the newest thing. So, we got it! New.
- Priest – New Flesh – I have become a fan of the band Ghost but have, oddly enough, never pulled the trigger on purchasing an album, on vinyl or otherwise. Ghost is a Swedish “Heavy Metal” band. Apparently, at least one of Papa Emeritus’ former “Nameless Ghouls” is in this band. But, it doesn’t necessarily sound metal. It sounds like a grinding Depeche Mode. I liked what I heard when Jonathan played it in the store and we got it. New.
- Elvis Costello – My Aim Is True – #168 on the RS List. My dear pal Patrick Ferguson had it in his hands and allowed me to have it so I could add it to my collection and mark it off the list. VG++.
- Ozzy Osbourne – Bark At The Moon – I know a lot of people are Randy Rhoades folk when it comes to Ozzy. I liked Randy, but I loved Jake E. Lee, too. In fact, my favorite album he was on (and my favorite Ozzy album altogether) is The Ultimate Sin. I have played the title cut of this album in a past band and it was always one of my favorites to play. VG.
- Small Faces – 78 In The Shade – Okay, I’ll admit that I know little-to-nothing about Small Faces. I know that Steve Mariott was the vox. But, because I figure I need to have some, this was there, and just “why not?” VG++.
- Wang Chung – Mosaic – Yeah, I love my cheesy 80s stuff and here are some of the biggest culprits. “Everybody Have Fun Tonight” and “Let’s Go” were the big hits on this, I believe. Near immaculate vinyl and plays great, according to Jonathan. VG++.
- Bob Dylan – Hard Rain – A live album from Dylan. The BCPF loves him, we collect him. That’s how it is. VG+.
- Corey Hart – First Offense – “Sunglasses at Night.” Yes, that one. I did mention the 80s cheese, right? Yeah, here’s my backup on that.
Though it was a short week, we had fun with it, had fun hanging around our friends, and drank a good bit of wine and beer. But, Underdog Records allowed us to keep our purchase with them while we walked to the festival.
Discogs helps me keep my collection organized and I love its random album ability. You should try it.
Until tomorrow, same blog channel…
“Screams break the silence waking from the dead of night. Vengeance is boiling, he’s returned to kill the light. Then when he’s found who he’s looking for
Listen in awe and you’ll hear him bark at the moon.” – “Bark at the Moon” (Osbourne/Lee/Daisley)